2012Up one level
Editorials published in 2012
- Push and Push Back
- A comment on gun violence.
- Sex, Drugs, and Republicans
- Rick Santorum wants to make sex lives "special" by imposing his religiously-influenced views on contraception on the American public, leaving detractors in a froth over this new attack on personal liberty and the weakening division between church and state.
- Oakland (after William Blake)
- I wander down each corporate street,/There where the corporate cop cars go...
- It's Springtime!
Graphic by Nadeer
- Assassin-Wannabe Ted Nugent
There are places you simply don't go. With his tirade at the National Rifle Association (NRA) convention in April, Nugent has put himself over the line.
- God Save My Mum: A Not So Warm and Fuzzy Take on the Queen of England's Jubilee
A.E. McCann, Portrait: Lucien Freud, 2001. Queen on drums: source unknown, 2012.
All the love and adulation heaped upon her should have been heaped upon my Mum, and other widows and veterans of Her Majesty's Armed Forces, once shipped off to an obscure place called Christmas Island.
- Shouts from Wisconsin
Displeasure at Governor Scott Walker prompts this artist's portfolio, named for the Arabic word for "Enough!"
- Romney's Mark of Cain, I Mean Bain
- Uncorking Saint Julian: WikiLeaks and Mr. Assange
Wikileaks must be acknowledged as a contributor to the exposure of injustices of state power around the world, though Julian Assange appears to be a messy, contradictory character.
- Costumed for Life and Love: San Francisco LGBT Freedom Day 2012
- The Presidential Election Season: Envisioning the Future
Neoliberalism makes the 2012 election an election unconcerned with the brief we should be making. It cannot therefore be consequential as a beginning toward a corrective future.
- Who Gives a Cluck What Dan Cathy Thinks?
- Dan Cathy, Chick-fil-A's President and COO, recently stated that his company supports anti-gay groups, inspiring public debate over the connection between politics and corporate patronage.
- Chick-fil-A Kiss
- Chick-fil-A gay rights activist kiss. From Huffington Post http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/05/chicken-offsets-ted-frank_n_1742974.html#slide=1329880.