Guidelines for Submissions
Bad Subjects welcomes articles in a diverse international range of perspectives. All articles should follow these guidelines:
- Originality: We publish original materials.
- Translation: We publish English, Spanish, French submissions in the original languages. Accepted articles submitted in multiple languages will be published in each language.
- Length: Articles typically run 2,000 to 3,500 words.
- Language: Articles must employ accessible language.
- Citations: Do not use footnotes or bibliography. If citations are needed, cite within the essay text. However, all sources for ideas must be attributed within the text.
- Submissions: No abstracts or queries. Send the full text of your article as an attachment, in Microsoft Word, RTF or XHTML formats.
- Reprints: Only rarely does Bad Subjects reprint previously-published materials, and then only with good cause. Any reprint material requires express permission from the original publishers, or proof that the author retained copyright.
- Calls for articles: Calls for all current issues are available in the News section of this website.