87 WeaponsUp one level
This issue investigates how weapons and weapons culture are woven into civil society.
- Weapon World: An Introduction
A culture of weapons preoccupies the imagination.
- Gun Lust in Hollywood
Powell draws bede upon the normalization of gun violence and conflations of sex and violence in which Hollywood film and TV engage.
- Stupidity as a Weapon of War
The blinding use of stupidity as a pervasive tactic in war.
- Weapons are Extensions of the Body
An history lesson in weapons as physical extensions of the body; ghost warfare and other strategies.
- Putin on his Handcuffed Horse
A playroom look at the big Russian gunslinger.
- Michi-Gun, Land of A Thousand Contradictions
My state might be called Michi-Gun, to express our thousand contradictions involving rights, race, rock n’ roll and firearms.
- Weapons in Northern Michigan
In Alpena, MI sporting goods stores, one may, for $2,350, purchase a safe large enough to hold over a dozen rifles and shotguns.
- 19 Kids and Shooting: Jessa Duggar, Her Trip to the Gun Range, and Anti-Choice Rhetoric in the Quiverfull Movement
Jessa Duggar provides a pretty face for ugly ideology.
- Ploughshares to Swords: The Weaponization of the Internet
The increasing militarization and weaponization of the Internet is traced succinctly from its origins at DARPA.
- Survivalism and the Global Mind: Recent Films of Dominic Gagnon
Flagged for removal on YouTube, Gagnon's content is re-purposed to send a powerful cinematic message.
- The Great Equalizer
Coming from white privilege assures you will receive some very special treatment in prison.
- An Examination of Some Recent Police Killings
In recent years, violence perpetrated by police officers against civilians has gained national attention.
- A Modest Proposal About Police Killings
If a police officer kills someone in the line of duty, it should end his or her police career.
- Fatal Eruptions on the American Scene
A black man selling "loosies," un-packaged cigarettes, to the homeless is not only ungentrified but also a plight in the gentrified imagination.
- Where We Live
A personal journey into the memory of a young friend's life and death.