ZinesUp one level
Zines that have lots of of 'badness' to them.
- AlterNet is a project of the Independent Media Institute, a nonprofit organization dedicated to strengthening and supporting independent and alternative journalism.
- Capitalism and Class
- A British journal, published for over 25 years, that critiques capitalism from within the Marxist tradition.
- A Berkeley zine with a new website, has a quirky eloquence and good writing. Its editor, Jill Stauffer, has been a Bad Subjects contributor.
- Left Business Observer
Left Business Observer is an 8-page more-or-less monthly newsletter on economics and politics in the U.S. and the world at large.
- In These Times
- Website of the Chicago-based print journal that has been at the forefront of progressive and socialist journalism for over a generation.
- Index on Censorship
- Website of global free-speech defender Index on Censorship.
- Monthly Review
- A venerable journal that is still publishing some of the most interesting social analyses available online.
- Other Magazine
- Annalee Newitz, co-founder and former Bad Subjects editor, also co-founded Other Magazine: 'pop culture and politics for the new outcasts.'
- Rethinking Marxism
- Online content of a premier journal of contemporary Marxist thought.
- A Belfast free weekly with excellent writing and a marvellous attitude problem.